I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here! is back this June. Between the 10th and the 21st, students at 12 schools will be putting their questions to 6 scientists in the Bohrium Zone.
The Bohrium Zone is a general zone supported by Wellcome.
Rob Ives | Research Scientist, GlaxoSmithKline
Rob is an in-vivo scientist creating new medicines for children, specifically ones that taste nice.
Imad Ouachan |PhD Student, University of Bristol
Imad is developing new materials to protect massive offshore wind turbines blades from impacts.
Hannah Semeraro |Senior Lecturer and Clinical Audiologist, University of Southampton and Dorset Healthcare
Hannah works both as a lecturer in audiology at a university and as an audiologist helping adults with hearing and balance problems.
Fern Johnson |Trainee Clinical Scientist, Bioinformatics Group, Genetics Diagnostic Laboratory
Fern is a trainee clinical scientist in bioinformatics, working in the genetics department of a hospital.
Carol Wallace |Research Technician, University of Aberdeen
Carol is a research technician working in an immunology lab that specialises in fungal disease.
Christian Gude |PhD Student, Synthetic Biology Research Centre, University of Nottingham
Christian makes plastics from waste gases using genetically engineered bacteria.
- St Dominic’s High School, Belfast
- St Benedict’s Catholic High School, Alcester
- Hitchin Boys’ School, Hitchin
- Shimna Integrated College, Newcastle
- St Alban’s Catholic High School, Ipswich
- Heathfield Community College, Heathfield
- Culvers House Primary School, Mitcham
- Glen Urquhart High School, Highland
- Rainham Mark Grammar School, Gillingham
- All Saints Catholic College Specialist in Humanities, Huddersfield
- St. Mary’s Menston, a Catholic Voluntary Academy, Ilkley
- St John Wall Catholic School, Birmingham